Sumter Beauty College - For a Better Career
At Sumter Beauty College, they want their graduates to be both skilled and knowledgeable on such a level that they are capable of passing their state licensure examination and are considered as salon ready in the field of Cosmetology. They want to provide a quality education that will help them to achieve their greatest potential and become successful in their chosen profession, and want to instill in them a desire to continue their education and help promote the industry for the betterment of all Cosmetology professionals.
About Sumter Beauty College, Inc., and the Cosmetology Course
Sumter Beauty College is centrally located in the Sumter area with easy access to interstate highways and the downtown region. The school is located on Carolina Avenue, which is off S. Pike Road and runs parallel to Hwy 76/378. We are located right behind Angels Mexican Restaurant, Shoneys and what used to be the old Dragon restaurant.
The Cosmetology course generally includes instruction in the following:
- Styling and Cutting,
- Hair Coloring,
- Makeup and Facials,
- Manicuring and Pedicuring,
- Scalp and Hair Treatments
- Other related subjects.
You will also have classes in Chemistry, Anatomy, Massage, Salon Business and People Skills. The entire time you are in school, our instructors will try to help you develop your communication skills and sales ability as well.
- All students must attend a personal interview with the Admissions/Financial Aid Director
- Students must be at least 17 years old by their projected graduation date
- Students must have a valid driver’s license, other picture I.D. or birth certificate, as well as a Social Security Card that can be copied for our files.
- Students must have a High School Diploma or be able to furnish the school with a transcript showing their date of graduation from High School. A GED is also accepted in lieu of the Diploma.*
- If a student has been married or otherwise changed their name since completion of High school or their GED program, a copy of the marriage certificate, or other documentation to verify name change will be needed in order to sit for the licensure exam.
Financial Aid Is Available For Those Who Qualify:
If you know you are going to need financial assistance in order to attend school, please discuss your options with our Admissions/Financial Aid Director during your personal interview. Sumter Beauty College is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participates in a variety of programs on both the Federal and State levels:
- Pell Grants
- SEOG Grants
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Scholarship Programs
Services they Provide in the Clinic
As a part of their training program here at Sumter Beauty College, students receive a great deal of hands-on training in our clinic area. They offer a full array of salon services to the public. The prices for the services are normally at lower rates than salon prices, since students are performing all of the work. This is a win-win situation for everyone! The students have the opportunity to perfect their skills, and the clients receive quality services at good rates! All services are supervised by licensed cosmetology instructors. Some of the services we provide are:
- Up-do Styles
- Permanent Waves
- Shampoo and Sets
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Facial Waxing
- Shampoo/Blow-dry and Curling Iron Styles
|Search by Program / Degree|