Scott College of Cosmetology- For a Better Career
If you are considering a new career path, youve come to the right place! Cosmetology is a promising profession that offers flexible working hours, tremendous growth potential, job security, and an opportunity to use your own creative abilities. At Scott College of Cosmetology, you will receive a first-class education and professional training in a wide range of exciting areas of cosmetology. After just 15 months, their graduates are certified in ALL aspects of cosmetology.
Scott College of Cosmetology opened its doors in 1991 in downtown Wheeling. The school operates under the skillful eye of owner Joe Mamone and has a full staff of qualified and skilled employees. It is a nationally-accredited school by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences. In addition, the school is licensed by the West Virginia State Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists.
Scott College of Cosmetologys mission is to advance their students in the field of cosmetology through education, knowledge and belief. They train their students to be successful professionals, equipping them with the necessary skills to excel in the world of cosmetology.
Goals and Objectives
- They are here to provide skilled training in the many aspects of cosmetology arts and sciences.
- They provide an exemplary education in cosmetology, employing experienced and qualified learning leaders, who share their extensive knowledge and skills to ensure you get the best training possible and increase your potential for future employment.
- Aside from education and training, we provide many student services, including admissions, counseling, testing, financial assistance and employment assistance.
While a student at their school, you will complete 2,000 hours of coursework. They offer instruction in all aspects of cosmetology. Below is a breakdown of our curriculum:
- Haircutting and hairstyling
- Hair coloring and lightening
- Manicuring and first-aid
- Salesmanship and merchandising
- Ethics, personal hygiene, visual poise, and personality development
- Facials, massage, packs and eyebrow arching
- Make-up application
- Hair and scalp treatment
- Shampooing and rinsing
- Sanitation, sterilization, and bacteriology
- Chemical hair relaxing and straightening
- Permanent waving
- Safety precautions
- Wiggery and hair pieces
- Review for clinic floor
In order to qualify as an applicant to their school, you must have a high-school diploma or equivalent certification (i.e. G.E.D). Upon completion of an entrance exam, every school applicant must also have a personal interview with a school representative, during which you will discuss the program and your potential career goals. Knowing what you hope to achieve early helps them personalize your education and help you reach those goals.
Scott College of Cosmetology wants to help you live the life you want. If you want to become a student at their school, but dont have the money, they will provide you with all the help they can. As an eligible institution approved by the United States Department of Education, they are able to offer several types of financial aid to those students that qualify.
While they work to equip you with the skills youll need to excel in whatever occupation you choose, they know how difficult it can be to find the right job for you. Their job placement assistance includes services such as arranging interviews with salons, interview coaching, and finding salon job openings. They are committed to helping you find the best job for you and will assist in job placement to the best of their abilities.Tags: Beauty Schools, Cosmetology College Courses, Cosmetology College Programs, Cosmetology Colleges, Cosmetology Schools,
|Search by Program / Degree|