Dallas Barber College
Even though the look of Dallas barber college has changed, stylist, braids value and commitment to excellence are the same
Dallas Barber & Stylist College was established in 1997, and has produced some of the most professional artistic barbers/stylist and teachers in the Metroplex. We are a professional beauty and barber college specializing in the latest hair styles and braids that our fashion industry has to offer.
Dallas Barber & Stylist College is an accredited barber and stylist college in Texas. They accept TRC clients, private students, approval by the VA and Title IV Funds.
Subjects that are covered include:
- The History of Barber-Styling
- Implements, Tools, and Equipment
- Treatment of Hair and Scalp
- Facial Massage and Treatments
- Mustache and Beard Design
- Chemical Hair Relaxing and Soft Curl Permanents
- Nails, Nail Disorders and Manicures
- The Job Search
- Barber Styling Shop Management
- Glossary of Terms
- Professional Image
- Sterilization, Sanitation and Safe Work Practices
- Properties and Disorders of The Skin, Scalp and Hair
- Permanent Waving
- Hair Coloring
- Mens Hairpieces
- Electricity and Light Therapy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Selling the Barber Styling Shop
- Licensing Laws
With their talented, experienced teachers available to help you develop your skills, combined with our innovative and effective curriculum, you’ll be able to gain a clear understanding of the field. Before long, you’ll be able to provide an enormous array of professional barber and stylist services for customers in your own community.
Studies of the principles of teaching both manual skills and theory skills to basic barber-stylist, beauty, braid, and weave extension students.
Upon completion of this course, the student teacher shall have demonstrated competencies required to pass TDLR Examination and the ability to:
- Work in a licensed Barber-Stylist School as an entry-level instructor.
- Teach theory classes in all aspects of barber-stylist, braids, and weave extensions.
- Supervise clinic floor work.
- Test and evaluate student progress.
- Write lesson plan.
- Supervise students work performance.
- Other assigned job duties.
Students wishing to apply for Financial Aid may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Financial Aid Office at Forest Lane.
The following is a list of possible financial aid. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Pell Grant
- Veterans Benefits
- G.I. Bill
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Aid (DARS)
- Private Pay
When you enroll, you will be assigned a weekly attendance schedule that best meets your needs. After enrollment, you may change this schedule only with the school’s permission with the payment of a $135 registration fee (non-refundable).
Barber/Stylist Tuition: Registration Fee $100.00, TDLR Fee $35.00
Hair Weaving Tuition $2500.00: Registration Fee $100.00, TDLR fee $35.00. No financial aid, down payment $900.00.
All registration must be done at the Forest location.
|Search by Program / Degree|