University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA) is a public research university located in Athens, Georgia, the oldest and largest of the state’s institutions of higher learning. Founded in 1785, it claims the title of oldest public university in the United States.
UGA shares with the other research universities of the University System of Georgia the following core characteristics:
1. A statewide responsibility and commitment to excellence and academic achievements having national and international recognition;
2. A commitment to excellence in a teaching/learning environment dedicated to serve a diverse and well-prepared student body, to promote high levels of student achievement and to provide appropriate academic support services;
3. A commitment to excellence in research, scholarship and creative endeavors that are focused on organized programs to create, maintain and apply new knowledge and theories; that promote instructional quality and effectiveness; and that enhance institutionally relevant faculty qualifications;
4. A commitment to excellence in public service, economic development, and technical assistance activities designed to address the strategic needs of the state of Georgia along with a comprehensive offering of continuing education designed to meet the needs of Georgia’s citizens in life-long learning and professional education;
5. A wide range of academic and professional programming at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels.
With its statewide mission and core characteristics, UGA endeavors to prepare the university community and the state for full participation in the global society of the twenty- first century. Through its programs and practices, it seeks to foster the understanding of and respect for cultural differences necessary for an enlightened and educated citizenry. It further provides for cultural, ethnic, gender and racial diversity in the faculty, staff and student body. The university is committed to preparing the university community to appreciate the critical importance of a quality environment to an interdependent global society.
Tuition & Fees
|Tuition & Fees (undergraduate)
Published Tuition and Fees
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602
|Search by Program / Degree|