Virginia College Montgomery
Virginia College’s Cosmetologist Advanced Certificate program offers students the eligibility to take the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology licensing examination for cosmetology. This constitutes five continuous quarters of excellent attendance.
The program is designed to provide a basic understanding of cosmetology and to successfully pass the cosmetology examination given by the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology. Subjects and skills will provide an exceptional learning experience that prepares the student with a solid background of practical hands-on training directly related to the cosmetology industry.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student should be able to:
- Understand and follow laws, rules, and regulations of Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology o Utilize standard sanitation and safety precautions.
- Communicate, analyze, and perform cosmetology services in a professional manner.
- Perform basic wet hair styling, thermal hair styling, hair designing, and artificial hair additions.
- Perform basic and advanced hair shaping with the use of multiple hair shaping implements.
- Analyze scalp and hair; select correct chemical texturizing products, and proper use of chemicals and techniques.
- Identify all types of hair coloring and effects on the hair and perform procedures for hair coloring and lightening.
- Recognize skin disorders and perform skin care services within cosmetology limits.
- Recognize nail disorders and provide nail care services within cosmetology limits that include; manicures, pedicures, nail tips, nail wraps, acrylic nails, and creative nail art.
- Safely and effectively perform basic massage techniques involving hair and scalp, face, hands, arms, shoulders, neck, feet, and lower legs.
- Use theory and practical salon management skills to complete a successful job search.
- English Composition I
- College Mathematics.
- Effective Speaking
- Introduction to Psychology
Virginia College – Montgomery
6200 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, Alabama 36117
|Search by Program / Degree|